This Court is committed to providing any assistance possible to the victims and witnesses of crimes. The cooperation of the victim or witness is most important to the successful prosecution in a criminal case.
The Municipal Court advocate is here to help you and will make every effort to ensure that victims and witnesses receive prompt notification of scheduled changes that involve their case. Whenever possible, Victim Witness will also provide information and notification of:
- Judicial proceedings
- Defendant's release on bond
- Charges filed
- Defendant's pleading to the case
- Schedule trial dates
- Changes in custody of defendant
- Changes in trial dates
- Right to submit a victim impact statement to the court prior to sentencing
- Method of application for up to $50,000 in Crime Victims Compensation, when applicable.